Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mighty Fine Flour Updated

I have found the commercially available GF flours are getting better. I actually had one I prefered to my MFF mix recently (it had better texture) . So I decided it was time to try to improve.  This morning I made a batch with just a small tweak. I added a little more white rice flour.  It did improve the texture.
  • 3 cups brown rice flour
  • 1 cup white rice flour
  • 1/4 cup soy flour
  • 1 1/3 cup nonfat milk powder, I prefer the non instant variety.
  • 1 teaspoon xanthan gum

Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, about 4 quarts, Mix thoroughly.

I usually double this recipe because that is what fits in my flour canister. I have also made it smaller batches but then it is harder to get the proportion's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment