This was something that I resisted forcefully because one of the key principles I have found in dealing with a gluten free diet is that I usually enjoy food more if I try to choose foods that are naturally gluten free. So I was faced with a dilemma, I resisted for a couple of weeks, then learned that a Pier 49 had gluten free pizza's, Eventually I gave in and spent $15 for a ten inch pizza and enjoyed it.
But really $15 for small pizza. I did not value it enough to go back for that. I wanted alternatives and eventually I got them! I make this pizza in two styles a traditional style and one with a Mexican twist. I love them both some of the kids prefer the Mexican style and others the traditional
Mexican food style pizza
Use the traditional style recipe, substitute Kirkland Signature Salsa for tomato sauce and pizza seasoning
Traditional Pizza
Ingredients
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Pizza Seasoning
- Pepperoni (about 30 slices)
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- Olive oil
- Cheese (mozzarella or Kirkland Signature Monterry Jack/Cheddar blend)
Preparation
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees (or as near as possible).
- Mix Pizza Seasoning and Tomato sauce
- Spread about 2 drops of Olive oil on each side of each Tortilla (or if you have an olive oil sprayer spray lightly coating both sides).
- Lay out tortillas on a cookie sheet.
- Spread just under 1/4 cup of Sauce on each tortilla. (I find the bottom of a cylindrical measuring cup works well for this.
- Spread cheese over tomato sauce.
- Place about 5 pieces of pepperoni on each pizza.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Six pizza's feeds two adults.
No comments:
Post a Comment